Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday, July 15


          Today, my Core Class was engineering. We made rockets out of film canisters, water, and the white tablets that fizz when you put them in your water. It was really fun, and they shot out of the room, and into the hall. We also made tops and tested putting weight on different areas to see if one effected its time spinning.
          My first workshop was making slime and building penny bridges. My slime was a green teal color, and me and my partner made a bridge that supported 30 pennies in the middle without falling down till I accidentally pushed it over. After we finished, our teacher asked us if it was possible to put a whole in a paper that she could fit through, without using anything but scissors. I showed the class how to do it, because I had read it in a book. One girl made one that almost all of us fit in before it broke.
         Workshop number two was Lego NXT Robotics. Me and my partner made a care with a motor that you would crank to make the car go... If that makes any sense. We also made one to go in a square, and we almost had our right angle perfect, just a couple more tries and we would have had it. Thank you Jen for teaching us how to  program the brain. The workshop was super fun.<3 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment